Wednesday, April 1, 2009

KOR-Ea

I have arrived safely in the land of Kimchi. I am exhausted nauseous and feeling somewhat violated from my medical checkup this morning. The people at work were nice and I would write more about it, but I am so exhausted from my day and from jet lag, that all I want to do is put on a movie and fall into bed, so I think that's what I am going to do. Here are some highlights from my first 24 hours in Korea.

1. My first taxi ride: What I learned, Taxi drivers in Korea are insane. They drive like maniacs, instilling much fear into their foreign passengers, which is compounded by the fact that taxis here have no seat belts.

2. Korean doctors, very efficient, I had about 10 medical tests done in 45 min: height, weight, eye exam, hearing exam, drug test, HIV test, urine sample, Some heart scan thingy, dental exam, medical history check, blood pressure, chest X-ray. Ya, it was really comprehensive and it didn't take very long. Apparently medical care here is really cheap too, maybe I should go get my foot x-rayed after all.

3. People are pretty nice. Everyone I have met has been so nice. Taking it upon themselves to make me feel so welcome here. Some annoying things have happened, and I've been nervous and shocked by all the different things, but everyone has worked really hard to make me feel welcome.

4. IT'S BLOODY COLD!!! My first night all I had was the small blanket I brought with me, but now I have a comforter, and big thick one, so I will be warm tonight. It's kind of funny because the comforter is a lot shorter than an american one would be...I wonder why that is...teehee

Okay, I am tired and going to pass out now.

No comments:

Post a Comment