Friday, April 10, 2009

Pippi Longstocking is Universally Loved...

I wore pigtails when I went to work today and at least three Korean children called me Pippi as I walked past them. I thought of all the things that would be lost when I left the English speaking world, that would be one of them, but apparently the Pippi taunts are going to haunt me the rest of my life. So, I'm still not enjoying Korea as much as I would like to. I don't know if I'm a freak or what, but I just don't enjoy being stared at and pointed at and laughed at behind my back. The Korean people are very kind when they know you, but they aren't very subtle about their disdain or their curiosity. I'm tired of being the center of attention every time I just walk down a street. I really should have invested in a good hat.

I went out with some people from work tongiht. It was pretty fun. I had some lemonade and watched half of the people I work with get completely wasted. Fun, fun, fun. This week at work has been pretty good. I actually got to start teaching classes, so that was fun. I made friends with a few girls in one of the classes, one of which cried when I had to go home. It was really cute. They had fun trying to teach me some Korean words while I tried to teach them English. It was pretty fun. I tried some decent Korean food this week. I'm trying some things. I'm too tired to keep making sense...

No comments:

Post a Comment