Sunday, November 21, 2010

Too Tired to Think of Creative Title

This is going to be an incredibly short post because I am completely exhausted and just want to go to bed. This week was much better than last week. I was pretty happy, not too many complaints about work. The child in my class who is driving me insane is starting to calm down a smidgeon of a percentage, he still drives me crazy, but slightly less.

School is going alright, but I’m so tired in class that I’m not soaking up as much as I would like. I have to give a three minute speech this Thursday about anything I want. I’m open for topic ideas.

This weekend I went to a co-worker's wedding. It was interesting to see the Korean wedding. There wasn’t even really an officiator, they didn’t say “I do” or anything like that. Basically it was a giant photo shoot in a big hall with an amazing dress, some of their family performed songs for them, and both the bride and the groom’s fathers gave them lectures, then they bowed to each other’s parents, and that was the end of the ceremony. They then had a wardrobe change, came downstairs, cut a fake cake, drank a glass of champagne, and called it a day. Apparently there’s a private family ceremony where the parents throw grain on their daughter’s skirt, but other than that, Korean weddings are simple and fast. They also have an amazing buffet afterwards, with lots of delicious food. I ate a lot of sushi.

I also went to another K-Pop concert…This time it was Lee Seung Gi. I’m trying to see concerts from all different genres, so far I’ve got amazing solo act, band, and now versatile momma’s boy. It was a good concert in which the entire cast of one of my favorite dramas made an appearance on stage. One by one all of the main characters in 내 여자 친구는 구미호 (My Girlfriend is a Nine-tailed Fox) came out on stage, and they performed the entire soundtrack. It was pretty awesome. However it went on for over 3 hours…

All in all, life is good, I’m still happy and trying not to stress out too much over what step I need to take next.

Top: The whole cast of the drama, it's fuzzy because I was far away.

Bottom: Lee Seung Gi and Shin Min Ah



1 comment:

  1. Korean weddings sound are at the image of the koreans themselves. Short and stylish :)
    No offence of course!
    Goodluck for your speech (I hope it's not too late for a suggestion, but how about Diversity and the korean experience)

    ReplyDelete